Word of the Week: partisan 1par.ti.san noun (Etymology: Middle French partisan, from north Italian dialect partiźan, from part part, party, from Latin part-, pars part Date: 1555)
1: a firm adherent to a party, faction, cause, or person ; especially : one exhibiting blind, prejudiced, and unreasoning allegiance 2 a: a member of a body of detached light troops making forays and harassing an enemy b: a member of a guerrilla band operating within enemy lines
Leadership Quote: A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.
Thing To Ponder: Why is bra singular and panties plural?
Philosophical Quote: Before enlightenment – chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment – chop wood, carry water.
Useless Knowledge: The Sanskrit word for “war” means “desire for more cows.”
Inspirational Quote: Your current safe boundaries were once unknown frontiers.
Begin each day with these questions and be amazed.
1. Why is it important for me to engage myself in my work passionately and purposefully each day?
2. How will I choose to allow my attitude effect how I address stressful situations at work today? How can I be more affective and proactive in regards to stress and attitude?
3. When am I most likely too react with the most passion and purpose today? Meeting with clients? Working on my computer? Following up on a lead? Take note of what makes your passion come alive, so you can use it to better your work performance.
4. Where within the organization am I best able to express my passion and purpose? Is it working with my peers? My supervisors? Clients? Interdepartmentally? Where physically do I perform the most purposefully?
5. With whom do I need to spend time in order to maintain balance as I pursue my passion and purpose? Within the organization, who best supports me?
6. What choices will I make today that align my purpose and passion with the tasks at hand at work?
7. Who am I called to be today as an expression of my passion for living?
For a daily dose of motivation, subscribe to Thought 4 The Day by simply leaving a comment requesting to have your email address added to the list.